Monday, September 5, 2011

my first post :]

Since I decided to take a break from facebook I thought this would be a good way for me to stay semi-connected to the social media world!

basically this is going to be a blog for me to post my random thoughts and ramblings and also chronicle all of the adorable (and not so adorable) things that maia does so that I can remember them! I've thought on and off about having a blog for a long time and decided to go ahead and try it out!

tonight i have alot on my mind..but I won't bore anyone with the details.
My weekend has been full of friends, family and playdates...and i am very thankful for that! i feel so lucky to have such a great group of moms to hangout with and have playdates with! Maia adores all of her friends and so do i! i've come to realize how important it is for me to have a "mommy network" and for maia to have a consistent group of friends that she sees regularly! I don't know what i would do without them...who else would sit around and chat for a couple hours about discipline, potty training, and tantrums?! and i LOVE how social all the kiddos have become...seeing them interact and their personalities really starting to come out is so amazing...how can such a little person be such an individual?!

we love you guys! and of course everyone not in the picture too :] (i couldnt find a good one of all the kids together...shocking huh?! haha)

this weekend i've also been thinking alot about my friends and family...i feel like this summer was such a big learning experience, i'm not really sure how it happened but by the end of it i really recognized who my true friends were and how very VERY lucky i am to have them! i know that being my friend can be hard sometimes and the people that have really stuck by me mean SO much to me! same thing with my family...even though y'all are stuck with me whether you like it or not ;] maia absolutely ADORES her nana, grandpa, and all her aunts and uncles and they are all so loving with her and sacrifice SO much time (esp. nana) helping me with her so that I can go to school and work. and i know that without them...neither of those would be possible and my life would be 100% different (and not in a good way!) .
an oldie but a goodie!

I struggle alot with the fact that maia does not have a "normal" family...but thinking about everyone she does have in her life makes me so happy! i know that she is so loved and has great examples and people to look up to!

and of course a day (hour...minute .. ;] ) doesn't pass without me thinking about my amazing man! sorry babe but i'm totally going to embarrass you on this blog. i just can't even explain how lucky i am to have him in my life, i got used to having him around every day this summer and now that he's gone i realized how good i had it! seeing jimmy and maia together totally makes me melt, maia ADORES him and i know that it's mutual! i don't know alot of guys who would be willing to put up with everything jimmy does. me and maia can sure add up to alot of attitude somedays! this school year is going to be tough, both of us are going to be super busy which means we won't get to visit each other as often, but i'm trying not to get bummed out about it. me and maia are going up to college station these next two weekends and i'm SUPER excited!! i don't know when we'll get to visit after that..but at least we get to go now!

is this not the most adorable thing you've ever seen?!

ok well...i think i'm done for now. I told ya it would be rambling!
I hope that whoever happens to read this has an amazing week and uses some of it to think about all of the blessings in your life!!
lots and lots of love :]

4 comments:

  1. Great First Post, Abby! We love Maia fahersher!!!! I'm so excited to be kept updated with regard to you and Maia, but we should still definitely get together (IRL). Keep up the great work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVEEE IT!!!!!!! You are amazing girl! And who has a "normal" family??!?!?!?! Anyone?! Ha - I know I don't! Even growing up in a "normal" family for 24 years - it all shattered around me & changed. Now I'm normal ;-) So Maia has a perfectly BLESSED life with a perfect family! Just the way God intended for her to have! Have you not met her mama and nana and grandpa and and and?! LOL. I am super blessed to have y'all in our lives too! Cy talks about Maia CONSTANTLY! ha. Love the blog! I'm becoming a follower right now! :-) Keep posting girly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Normal is what you make of it! Looking forward to reading more posts from you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooove it! Can't wait to have my girl's night Saturday with Maia and Mackenzie! Lol

    ReplyDelete