Monday, September 12, 2011

someone's got a case of the mondays

OHmygoodness. I'm thinking back to when I was so excited for maia to turn two and i was so sure that my sweet baby could never turn into a "terrible two" toddler. HAHA how wrong was i?! don't get me wrong, maia is still soooo sweet and loving 90% of the time, but that 10% sure sucks the life out of you! her tantrum schedule is actually pretty regular...which i think is weird. She throws one almost every day when i get home from school/work. My guess is that it's just her trying to get attention and kind of acting out because she's upset that i have been gone all day, i understand that....i just wish it would stop. by the time i get home (usually around 4) im exhausted and the last thing i want to deal with is this little munchkin screaming at me to "go away" and "i no like you" all while either hitting me or throwing everything in sight. i've been putting her in her bed and leaving the room most of the time when she starts acting like that..and usually about 5 minutes later i hear a quite "mommy come here..i'm sorry" and i'll go in and she's laying down holding one of her baby-dolls, looking deceptively innocent and adorable lol other than that scheduled tantrum she usually only starts to act up when she's hungry or tired...so if i can stay on top of that it brings the number of tantrums down to a minimum!
to my mommies: how do y'all handle tantrums? is there a certain thing that seems to set your toddler off?

on a lighter note. this weekend was AMAZING. me and maia headed out to college station around 11:30 friday morning (after a quick stop at beautique salon to get my hair touched up...thanks meagan!) and got there right around 1, and we stayed until 4 Sunday afternoon. it was full of lots of fun outings with and without maia. me and miranda did a babysitting swap and i watched mackenzie friday and she watched maia saturday...next week we're doing the same thing just switching days :] it ended up working out REALLY well and i'm so thankful that I have someone i know and trust (not to mention a good friend for maia) in college station now! maia loves hanging out with mackenzie so it was an especially good weekend for her! my sweet girl has changed SO much since starting "school" and was a total social butterfly with all of jimmy's roommates...pretty sure they were all wrapped around her little finger by the time we left! she even went down the slide by herself when we went to the park on saturday (y'all know how scared she is of EVERYTHING) so that was a pretty big deal :]

at the park friday night

they are so sweet to each other! and their millions of baby dolls haha

hanging out after brunch on saturday

hahaha i love this picture.

going up the stairs by herself :]



me and jimmy celebrated our agreed upon 1 year anniversary (lol) with a dinner to chilis (super classy) and exchanging gifts! He majorly spoiled me and got me a gorgeous string of pearls...i'm finally a real southern girl ;] after 3 weeks of not seeing him it was nice to have 3 whole days together just hanging out and doing whatever we wanted. definitely very needed for both of us! and I'm super looking forward to this upcoming weekend...jimmy is getting his aggie ring and doing the traditional "dunk" with all of his roommates and a few other friends on friday night! i'm SO proud of him and i know that that ring represents ALOT of hard work and dedication...and i know he's super pumped to finally have the perfect "whoop" and be able to show it off hahaha



this week has started off running and i'm currently avoiding the mountain of homework that snuck up on me. december 2012 seems a lifetime away!

that's it for now! hope y'alls weekend was as good as mine ;]
xoxox

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are so cute!!! Mackenzie hasn't stopped talking about Maia has a baby doll too! Lol. We should order pizza Friday before we go out! I'm so excited for my northgate experience! It's long overdue! :) Yay!!!
    PS I made a facebook event but since you're anti-Facebook, I'll text you da deets ;)

    ReplyDelete